Friday, June 09, 2006

T.G.I.F (almost, here in Tejas)

What a week! I have been non-stop since Sunday. I'm freaking exhausted but I'm so beyond sleep now that I'm hyper.

Sunday was the June Sale floorset at Bath and Body Works. Everythings on sale, don't call and ask me, just go in. You'll be happy you did, trust me. I'm kidding, you can call. The sale does change weekly.

Monday morning I got to sleep in a little bit since Laci was picking me up for our Annual Sales Meeting, being held in San Antonio. She lives in N. Austin (about an hour N of me) and San Antonio is about 45 S of me. We only had a two hour break out session and then went to happy hour at Lone Star Palace. Getting there was half the fun, I had a police escort and when you step off the private elevator and enter the Lone Star Palace through two large, hand-carved wooden doors for an intimate evening overlooking the Cradle of Liberty. The Palace has been custom decorated throughout with unique Texas inspired furnishings. (it was Martha Stewart country like nothin' else) There is a lovely living room with a fireplace (in Texas? Riiight.) where guests can share cocktails, conversation, and entertainment. The penthouse opens onto a large delightful, secluded roof garden, private patio, and terrace, all of which overlook the grounds of Texas’ most celebrated site, The Alamo. (which I didn't see for the first hour we were there. haha) It was amazing (minus me seeing bats). So much food and an open bar. My dinner was awesome but I don't so much remember much after that and walking back to the hotel, don't so much remember that at all.

Tuesday was a non-stop day. I was up at 6, breakfast at 7, break for lunch at noon (this is when I walked over to the Alamo and went shopping) and then we were back in the conference room from 1:30 to 6:30. Long, long day. We had to meet out front to head to Club Giraud at 7 for the awards dinner.

Some of my pictures from my Alamo Adventure ...


(Much smaller than I remember and there's no basement, btw)




(Look at the sky. That is why I live here!)






(I would have been happier eating here!)








Club Giraud is a private dining facility located on the beautiful grounds of the Southwest School of Art and Craft. This members-only club offers the perfect setting for smaller, private affairs such as a Board of Director’s Meeting, President’s Dinner or VIP clients. The food is excellently prepared and served with perfection. Once renovation is completed along this section of the Riverwalk, guests will be able to take River Cruisers to their exclusive dock. As they disembark, the mellow sounds of Gab Gutierrez will call them up to the outdoor Patio for cocktails and hors d’oeuvres before entering the Club for an elegant seated dinner.

Yeah I had no business in a place like that but someone made up for that later by taking me to a bar where I had much more fun and was much more comfortable. Haha.

Some pictures from dinner ... (just two, the rest are all co-workers and you don't know them anyway)





After dinner a friend from San Marcos came to San Antonio but he didn't get in until 1am and I was already knocked out. FYI about Club Giraud, their margaritas are STRONG. LOL (Gene you'd love em!)

Luckily when you throw things at me I wake up. And lucky for him I think he's a cutie or I could have not been so smilie having things thown at me to wake me up. I was told to get up, we were going out. I got dressed and we headed down to the Riverwalk to find an open bar. Everything here, where we live, closes at 12 so it was nice to go to a real city. We found an irish pub. Yay.

You knew this was coming ...


(Me stopping to take pictures was not in Mikes agenda, which was "find beer")


(Found: Beer)





I think we got to sleep around 4 so getting up at 7, I was just a ray of sunshine. Our meetings were only from 9 to noon and I could barely keep my head up. The last three hours of the meeting and I would have been better off .... sleeping it off.

We checked out of the hotel and went to lunch. Taco Cabana. Can never go wrong there!

Here are some pictures from our room ...




(Right on the Riverwalk!)







And one more special one for my dad. Hahahahahaha ... oh yeah, there was a phone!



Mike had some stuff to take care of in San Antonio so we did that after lunch. I have to say the ride home was great. Sun was out, was warm (kinda beyond warm, he doesn't have a/c and it was 100) and I wasn't driving so I just ... sat. I didn't have to think, talk or do anything. I even fell asleep for a minute until he swerved the car to be funny.

He dropped me off at home about an hour before I had to be at work and guess what? I lost my car keys and my apt key. I couldn't get in, John had to come unlock the door and I haven't been locking the door since. I guess I left them in the rental car so I'll get them back tomorrow when I'm back in my Austin office.

This morning I had to work at 11. Of course it's not just go in and work. I had to run to the bank for the manager who opened and then I spoke with the store manager several times on certain chores that needed to be completed, but only by me. In the words of the great Chelsea, "They work me like a Mexican".

Thank goodness the token boy was there. He's so helpful. It's like he knows what I want before I have to say it and I don't have to explain why I'm doing something or how I want it done. He just stands there like "lets do this, come on!".

I really like it when he trips me when my hands are full and throws paper clips at me. If we were in 2nd grade I would say he really, really liked me and that I might try and kiss him on the playground. But we aren't in 2nd grade. I'll just send him a note. Haha.



I am working all weekend again but I'll be damned if I don't see "Cars". I am so looking forward to that ... I want to see "Filmore". And if ANYONE sees Filmore toys in any store, get one for me. Puh-lease. I can't find him anywhere down here. He's the VW, as if I have to announce that.

Here he is in the show room so you know what you're looking for ...


Mom and Dad ... Look for toys before you head back to Ohio. There has to be Filmore toys somewhere in Downtown Disney!! I want at least one to keep with all my other little VW's. :)

I have to be at work in 8 hours. I suppose I should get some sleep. Blah.

Buenas noches, que tengas dulces sueƱos!!

1 comment:

B said...

Filmore is obviously a burnout. :-)

Where does the time go?

Oh my, my, my!! Where have you been my favorite Blog site!?! :) With everyone and their brother's mother on Facebook, I think the Blo...