Going back to Thur, I was offered the job in San Antonio. Super. I was nervous and not sure about quitting the Bank but it needed to be done. It took me 5 hours but at 12:30 Thur night (Fri morning) I sent Laci my resignation letter. I would have done it in person but I wasn't going to see her until the middle of this next week. I needed to get my two weeks in. The hard parts over, right? (not really) So I went to bed.
Friday morning I woke up to an email from Laci asking about this new job and the pay. I told her about it and what they were paying me. My start date for this new job was July 24th. Laci was in SA on Friday and I was in our Austin office. I was so upset about talking to her Friday morning I just wanted to get into the office early and get it over with. I parked at a meter and got upstairs. Normally I park several blocks away.
Laci called and got right to business. Asking me if it was money or the position I was leaving for. Money, most certainly. I love my job at the bank. I even like Laci, which people do not understand. Sure she has her moments but she's a great boss/friend and has helped me cope with Texas life and getting around Austin/San Marcos & San Antonio. She asked me if I would stay if she could match the money. I never thought that would come up since just last week they bumped me from 20 hours to 30 hours thinking that was doing me a favor. Now I'm asking for a huge raise and 10 MORE hours to get me to a real 40 hour a week job.
Laci's boss was in our office that day and asked me to come speak to him. He wanted to know what I was thinking, what I needed and what this new job was. I answered all his questions and went back to work. (kind of, my mind was going a million miles a minute)
Laci and I spoke maybe 2 or 3 more times and then her boss came to get me again. He closed the door and on speaker phone was Laci and another lady from our SA office who does my payroll. Long story short, they don't want to lose me and will give me full time, with my same benefits and upping my pay .. a lot. A lot.
I decide to stay. *gulp* So now I have to quit this other job before I even start. So now I'm not upset about making Laci mad but quitting this other job and disappointing Vicki, my gf that got me the interview and has been pushing for me to get this job that would make my life so much easier.
At this point I can breathe a little better and try to remember where I parked this morning. SHIT! I run down to the meter knowing I am 2+ hours overdue. Yup, big ol' yellow parking ticket. Screw it, I park in the BoA garage and head back upstairs. I am telling the lady who validates parking my story so she stamps my ticket (parking there is $18.75 a day). As I'm telling her Laci's boss walks by and takes my ticket and says he's paying for it. I think he knew I was at the end of my rope.
Somehow between my trip down and back up from moving my car I lost my cell phone. Are you serious?!?!?!!
At 2pm I made the dreaded call to the job in SA and explain the situation to the lady. Everything went really well and they understood.
At 2:30 I ordered flowers to be delivered to Vicki at work. I had a lot of explaining to do but I didn't want to lose her as a friend.
I left the Bank about 4:45 and came home. I got ready for work at Bath and Body Works and headed to Taco Cabana to get Vicki some chips and queso to soften the blow of my bad news. Between the flowers and the chips & queso she took it very well and understands. Phew.
We even went out after work and I do believe I was drunk. :D I recall texting back and forth with Mike and I'm very excited that he'll be home soon!!
Cliffs notes: 12:30 Thursday: SOBAR (Stressed out beyond all reality)
12:30 Friday: FUBAR
Vicki came over for lunch today. I made BLT's, iced tea and mango bars for dessert. Everything was wonderful. Mom clued me in on this bacon that my dad and brother love and I found it today at HEB!
See...

.....Mmmmm.
Despite being told over and over that I would not have to work tonight I was called in at 7. I am really losing my cool with Bath and Body Works. We still had people coming in at 20 after 9. I couldn't even say "Hi". They all just got my glare. Do I come to your office and make you stay until 5:30? No, I don't. I am supposed to go in tomorrow for the floorset at 5 and I swear to goodness, I am leaving the minute I hit 8 hours. 1:00 am and I am outta there.
On the plus side, Scrubs Season 5 is ALMOST finished downloading and I can watch that all day tomorrow since I have plans to hit the Outlet Mall for Bolly and do not much else before work.
Yay for Scrubs ...

Someone beer me.
No comments:
Post a Comment