He calmed down, the sun came up and we went to bed. (I'm pretty sure he remembers nothing from 5 am until the time he woke up, haha)
Trying to sleep was a chore in itself between my phone blowing up with Bath and Body Works calling, the cats walking on us and meowing and the FREAKING DRILLING DOWNSTAIRS.
Paul, the guy that lived downstairs, had to move out due to the plumbing. They have torn up the floor, "fixed the plumbing" (quotes to be explained later) and laid cement today. All very loudly.
I gave up on sleeping, took a shower and got ready for breakfast / lunch. Whatever, it was 1pm. I woke Mike up and we headed to the Outlet Mall for food. Bath and Body Works kept calling so I shut my phone off. (attitude to come later for that action) We ended up at Bennigans and I finally called BBW back. I bend and tell them I'll go in. Mike said they walk all over me but he was busy and didn't have time to entertain me to keep me away from the store. Haha.
Mike, after much persuasion, decides he'd come help me at BBW since I had to go in. Well, when I got there I found out they were less than happy that I shut my phone off and I explained to them that today was a day off that I was enjoying and now I am at work, for the uptenth day in a row. They said had I called them back they would have found someone else to come in but now I get to work alone -- no Mike. I was there just about 2 hours and if Mike would have come in we could have done it in less than an hour together and I would have been much happier. Bygones.
I came home and chatted a little with Mike before he took off to Austin for the evening. Talked to Gene and Nick. Always entertaining, those two. Gene thinks he's fat and Nick was high. LOL I sure miss those guys.
I was just minding my own business watching Real World and John started the dishwasher. Bad, bad idea.
After a few minutes he goes "OH SHIT!"
Our sink is doing the same crap as it did before with filling up with dirty, oily water with sand, mud and bark.
Exhibit A - John is marking the water level

We thought it'd be a good idea to go look in the apt downstairs to see if his sink was doing anything. The front door is unlocked and his kitchen is dry as a bone and the cement job looks great.
Exhibit B - Too bad it didn't help ANYTHING with our problem

John decides that we should clog one side, turn on the disposal and see what happens. Heh. He gets a stick and we insert the drain plug and jam the stick on it and wedge it between the cabinet and sink.
Exhibit C - Didn't do much but make the plumbing under the sink leak ... haha

We figure anything we do now will give us an excuse to utilize the emergency number for the maintenance guys.
Exhibit D - Lets poke it with a coat hanger

Exhibit E - The leak we created. Oh well.

I'm moving in two weeks. Thank goodness.
The UPS man came to visit today. He always brings such fun things. My girlfriend, Erika, wanted to try to get a free iPod from www.freeipods.com, like I did. So I signed up under her to help her out and had to complete an offer. The offer I completed was joining this coffee club. It wasn't a bad idea and they have some great flavors. Here they are. If my kitchen wasn't a hell hole, atm, I'd brew some.
Bags-O-Coffee ....

Palm Beach Passion - This combination of medium and dark roast of the finest South American and Colombia Supremo beans produces a full bodied cup with medium acidity and a delicious hint of dark roast flavor. Its rich taste and smooth finish has made this one of our most popular blends.
Tropical Kiss - Take a trip to the tropics with this tantalizing blend that is kissed with coconut and chocolate!
Ocean Drive - This popular blend combines Central and South American coffees to provide a rich yet light-bodied taste and excellent flavor and aroma. This medium roast is perfect hot and delicious over ice.
Surfing Safari - Vanilla, Kahlua, and Caramel combined to create a wave of tantalizing flavor. This is our most popular flavored coffee and one of the best flavors you will ever taste!
Sounds like me, huh?
Laci's still out of town so I'm going to try to head to Austin early in the AM and leave early. I have tomorrow night off and if BBW calls ... I might just throw my phone against a wall. The Hills is on tomorrow night and Jason wants to see LC, he's living in LA too!! I have to be home to watch it! :)
Adios for now!

1 comment:
:|: UPDATE :|:
Our kitchen is hosed. John's moving out next week also. Guess I better label my boxes a little more clearly. :) The last 9 days in my apt and I can't use the kitchen. SUPER DUPER!
Post a Comment